Skip To Main Content

ECC’s Kevin Butt Receives ACCT Distinguished Faculty Award

Ellsworth Community College’s Agriculture Professor, Kevin Butt, was chosen as the recipient of the Association of Community College Trustees 2018 Central Regional Faculty Member Award. The award was presented on Friday, October 26 in New York City. Butt was accompanied by Iowa Valley Community College District Chancellor, Dr. Christopher Duree, IVCCD Board President, Larry Johnson, IVCCD Board Directors, Joanna Hofer, Deborah Jones and Deb Crosser; and his wife, Honoria Balogh.Kevin Butt receiving the Association of Community College Trustees 2018 Central Regional Faculty Member Award.

ACCT’s regional awards program, annually recognizes one trustee, equity program, chief executive officer, faculty member, and professional board staff member in each of its five regions for their tremendous contributions to community colleges, according to the ACCT website.

“I was amazed as I visited with the recipients from the other regions that I could be in the same league as they are,” Butt said. “I truly am grateful to everyone who has been with me over the years. To all the former students, administrators, friends, industry partners and family…I dedicate this award to you”

“All of us are very proud of Kevin and the ECC Agriculture program. Kevin has proven to be an exceptional faculty member who genuinely cares about our mission and demonstrates that passion through his work day in and day out,” Duree said. “I have witnessed firsthand how much respect Kevin’s colleagues across the state and country have for him because of his longstanding commitment to ag education. The ACCT award is a fitting recognition for his many years of service to our students, ECC, IVCCD, ag education and the ag industry.”

Photo caption: Kevin Butt receiving the Association of Community College Trustees 2018 Central Regional Faculty Member Award.