As you can see in the video, our international students and staff have great stories about their time at Ellsworth Community College. They feel welcomed, supported, involved, and successful here … many chose Ellsworth because they received encouragement from friends and family members who came to ECC before them. We welcome the cultural and educational contributions that are possible through the enrollment of international students. Our commitment to international students includes a support system of advisors and staff who will work closely with you to ensure your academic and personal progress. Our International Student Club is also part of the support system, providing a way for students to get to know each other and learn about different cultures. Every Ellsworth student is encouraged to be a member of the club.
Follow these easy steps to enroll:
- SEVIS FEE – There is a mandatory SEVIS fee for all international applicants: SEVIS Fee Options & Procedures.
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION – Complete the Online Application for Admission Form. (Applications for the Fall semester should be submitted before July 31; applications for the Spring semester should be submitted before November 1.)
- IF TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER U.S. COLLEGE – If you are transferring from another institution in the United States you must print, fill out, and submit the ECC International School Transfer Form.
- HEALTH CERTIFICATE – Enclose a health certificate stating that you have had no communicable diseases.
- HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS – Completion of high school or equivalent is required. Enclose the original or certified copy of transcripts from your previous high school as well as any colleges you’ve attended.
- FINANCIAL STATEMENT – Enclose a statement from your banker, on official bank stationery, stating that you have at least $20,000 (U.S. funds) in the bank to pay for one year of college. You should plan on opening a bank account in the U.S. and transferring money to that account during your stay.
- Student Financial Statement
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY – Provide evidence of English language proficiency by completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL. ECC requests a score of 500 or better on the paper test (PBT), 173 on the computer test (CBT), and 61 on internet test (IBT).
- HEALTH INSURANCE – It is strongly recommended that you purchase a student health insurance plan for medical expenses you might have while studying in the U.S.; doctor visits and prescriptions are expensive. If you already have insurance that will cover you while in the U.S., you may use that.
Please send all of the above materials at one time; it will be less expensive for you and much more efficient for our processing. No action will be taken on your application until all of the above items have been received. The following links include a checklist and additional information to help you ensure you have all the information you need .
- International Admission Requirements Checklist
- Costs to attend
- ECC Student Housing Application form (for on-campus housing only)
If you decide to attend Ellsworth, the entire faculty and community will devote considerable effort toward making your stay here an interesting and rewarding experience. If you have questions concerning the admission requirements or forms, call or email at Roger Lugo or Tina Ruch-Wesselmann; their contact information is at the right side of this page.