Ellsworth Community College is operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. IVCCD also operates Marshalltown Community College and Iowa Valley Grinnell, a satellite campus of MCC. These three unique campuses offer students a variety of educational programs.
- Ellsworth offers 35 degree/diploma options, including a transferable Liberal Arts & Sciences Associate of Arts (AA) degree that’s accepted at most colleges and universities
- Our AA degree can be taken completely online
- ECC’s average class size is 18
- ECC’s student to faculty ratio is 16:1
- Our average enrollment is about 815 students
- Of those, 77% are enrolled full-time and 23% are part-time
- 50% of our students are men and 50% are women
- 68% are Iowa residents
- 26% of our students identify with ethnic minority groups
- 31% participate in intercollegiate athletics
- 27% of ECC students live on campus
- ECC awards more than $800,000 in scholarships annually*
- Approximately 91% of ECC students receive some form of grant or scholarship*
- Our equine program is ranked #2 in the NATION by horseschools.com
- Our practical nursing program is ranked #2 in the STATE by practicalnursing.org
- Our precision agriculture program is ranked #3 in the NATION by precisionag.com
These facts are based on ECC’s Fall 2018 enrollment unless otherwise indicated.
* 2017-18 is the most recent data available.