Academic Support Services (The Hub)
Mission: To provide Ellsworth Community College students, staff, and faculty with resources and services designed to foster success, persistence, and overall student development.
Ellsworth Community College provides a variety of academic support services to help students be successful. Most of these services are housed in The Hub, located in the lower level of Kruse Main Hall (entrance via the ramp on the south side of the building). The goal of The Hub is to provide a setting in which students can study/relax/collaborate as well as find all the academic support services they need. The Hub offers group and individual study areas, study pods, a small conference room for groups, and a large conference room. We’ve listed several resources below that will be helpful to you. If you aren’t sure which of these departments or services to use, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put you in touch with the right person!
The following hours are valid during fall and spring term:
- Monday: 8 am to 7 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 7 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Library – A variety of resources, including computer stations and online databases, are available in ECC’s Osgood Library in Kruse Main Hall (main floor, above the Hub). Stop in or check the Library web page for details.
- The Hub is zoned for social activity in the south area, a collaborative study area in the center, and a quiet study zone and tutoring at the east end of the facility.
- The use of electronic devices is allowed as long as it’s not disruptive to others.
- Noise level is also kept to a minimum as to not disrupt others
- Food and beverages are allowed in the social zone.
- Students will use their student ID card to sign in each time they visit.
The Hub is here to help you, too! Check out our New Parent Handbook with helpful information and resources to ease the transition for both you and your student!
Faculty and Staff
The Hub, TRIO SSS, and Student Success Services are offering presentations scheduled in advance for any faculty and staff who are interested in having their students hear about services for students and tips for success. Please submit your request using the online form.