Housing & Residence Life
Live on campus!
More than 400 of Ellsworth’s nearly 1,000 students live on campus. They’ll tell you there are lots of activities to do, and that living on campus makes the walk to class easy and quick. Students will also say those lasting friendships are made from all the housing activities held throughout the year.
The goal of the residence life program at Ellsworth Community College is to help you grow as a person and be ready for that next step in your life.
Because the residence hall experience is an integral part of our students’ education, all full-time, first-year students who are under age 21 and not heads of households, or not living with their parents or guardians, are required to live on campus. By learning to live and work effectively with fellow residents, students become better citizens.
There are two residence halls and two apartment-style buildings on campus. Wall Hall houses 104 students and is co-ed. Thompson Hall houses 192 male students. The College Apartments house 76 students in a co-ed environment, and the College Suites house 39 students in co-ed suites and three single units. Coming soon: the Duane and Phillis Lloyd Residence Hall, coming fall 2022, will have a combination of single and double rooms.
- ECC Housing Application Form (online) NOTE: This form may not work for those using Internet Explorer version 10. If you use the IE browser and have difficulties, try updating to version 11 or use a different web browser (e.g., Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
Required Move-In Documents
Become a Resident Assistant
Resident Assistants live in the residence halls and are responsible for 25-45 residents. RAs serve as advisors to the residents of the hall, are sources of information about College life, and assist in stimulating educational, cultural, social, and recreational programming in the residence halls. Additionally, RAs on duty responsibilities are approximately 1-2 times per week (depending on the building) and some weekends. RAs must maintain a 3.0 GPA and receive room and partial board (single room when available).
Other Housing Information
Important Dates/Times for 2021-2022
Start of Fall Term:
- News students move in Friday, Aug. 27, from 1-4 pm; check-in first at the Dale Howard Family Activity Center.
- Returning students move in Saturday, Aug. 28, from 10:30 am – 1 pm; check-in first at the Dale Howard Family Activity Center.
- Students move out Wednesday, Nov. 24, by 4 pm.
- Students move out Friday, Dec. 17, by 4 pm.
Start of Spring Term:
- Students move back in Sunday, Jan. 16, from 1-4 pm.
- Students move out Thursday, March 10, by 4 pm and move back Sunday, March 12, from 1-4 pm.
- Student move out Friday, May 13, by 4 pm.
Contact Nate Forsyth to inquire about being a Resident Assistant (RA).