LOOKS AND FEELS
LIKE A PRIVATE COLLEGE
The main Ellsworth campus is located in the north-central part of Iowa Falls, a scenic city with the Iowa River running right through it. The main campus includes 14 buildings (four are housing units) in a beautiful blend of historic and modern architecture. The south Robert & Arlene Hamilton campus includes the impressive Ellsworth Equestrian Center and the state-of-the-art Agriculture & Renewable Energy Center.
- Bullock Jones Hall contains the English and Criminal Justice departments, as well as offices for Iowa Valley Continuing Education.
- College Apartments at 1110 Main Street were constructed to offer students an alternative to residence hall accommodations.
- College Suites at 603 Elm Street offer additional apartment-style student housing.
- Dale Howard Family Activity Center at 1021 River Street is one of the newest additions on campus. The Center includes a student lounge, snack bar, fitness center, indoor running track and Physical Education and Athletic Training departments.
- Gentle Student Center includes a cafeteria, student store, bookstore, meeting rooms, and a formal dining room. It also houses administrative offices, student services (including the Admissions, Financial Aid and Registrar’s Offices), student activities, student health, and athletic offices.
- Henrich Athletic Building houses the football coaching offices, meeting room and locker rooms.
- Kruse Main houses the Osgood Library, Hamilton Auditorium, the Music and Art departments, and the Hub (academic support, counseling, career services, and more). It also contains the offices of the Ellsworth College Foundation.
- Physical Education Complex includes courts for basketball, tennis, volleyball, and racquetball plus areas for weight training and wrestling. It also includes locker rooms, a training room, custodial offices, and an equipment room. An indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and locker rooms were built as a result of an Ellsworth Board of Trustees fund drive. Outdoor recreational facilities include tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, and basketball courts.
- Math-Science Building houses Biology, Physics, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Conservation Technology, Engineering and Mathematics classrooms and offices.
- McClure Hall contains the Nursing and Medical Assisting classrooms and offices.
- Reg Johnson Hall houses the Business, Computer Science, Merchandising & Retail Marketing, Apparel Merchandising, Social Science, Psychology and Office Careers programs and offices, and numerous classrooms and computer labs. Buena Vista University offices are also located in this building.
- Thompson Residence Hall at 917 Elm Street includes dorm rooms, lounges, study spaces, laundry and recreational facilities for men.
- Trades & Industry Building houses classrooms and Greenbelt Alternative High School.
- Wall Residence Hall at 1100 River Street includes dorm rooms, lounges, study spaces, and laundry facilities for women and men.
- Ellsworth Equestrian Center is located on Highway 65 just south of Iowa Falls at 705 Ellsworth Avenue. Open since 2009, it houses the ECC Equine programs and is host to many events throughout the year.
- Agriculture & Renewable Energy Center is located on Highway 65 just south of Iowa Falls at 707 Ellsworth Avenue. It houses the Agriculture, Animal Science, Biotechnology and Renewable Energy programs.
CALKINS NATURE AREA & INTERPRETIVE CENTER
- Calkins Nature Area (Calkins Campus) is a cooperative project with the Hardin County Conservation Board and the Ellsworth College Trustees. The 76-acre farm, wildlife, and natural resource “laboratory” is open to the College (our Conservation Technology classes meet here year-round) as well as the community. Located along the Iowa River, the beautiful tract includes prairie, forest, and wetland environments. The nature center and museum, built in 1996, houses a laboratory and classroom, conference room, and museum exhibits.